- John Polk said “I knew Charles when he was EVP of The Atlanta Chamber and I worked for ...” on Memories of Oklahoma City circa 1993
- John Polk said “Back in the mid-80's and early 90's, Cleveland was actually recognized as one of the ...” on Economic development in NEO: A view from the street-level
- John Polk said “Is there any way to substantiate Dimora's claim re: GCP and the PD, other than ...” on Cleveland’s new development dynamic?
- George Nemeth said “Like all glimmers of newness in CLE+ I expect this one to be crushed too” on Cleveland’s new development dynamic?
- Cleveland’s new development dynamic? | Brewed Fresh Daily said “[...] by Ohio voters, as gambling interests convert the Ohio constitution into a zoning ordinance. ...” on Ohio’s casino deal gets a bit more messy
- About BDP Comments
July 9th, 2009
“I am so blown away by the welcome I am receiving in the NEO (North East Ohio) area – and today it went even further with this amazing blog post from Lynn-Anne Gries.”
“Though Lynn-Anne focuses on WHY venture capital is a good thing, I’ll ignore the many holes in the VC model and focus on the good news – outside of Silicon Valley, LA, NYC, Boston and D.C. Lynn-Anne’s argument holds water. Startups DO need an influx of capital – and venture money is the primary way to do that.”
“But the problem is that so many of the high profile VC deals, firms and funds are so insular that all they talk about is Twitter, Twitter, Twitter. Their singular focus on finding the next Twitter causes them to ignore the companies ‘down the pyramid’, those companies which WON’T go public or be acquired…”
Last 5 posts by George Nemeth
- My letter to the Brad and Joe show - June 10th, 2011
- Creating Conversation - June 7th, 2011
- Justin Bibb on CLE and DET - August 23rd, 2010
- Cleveland International Film Fest Year 34 - March 18th, 2010
- A tale of town city workers - February 8th, 2010