- John Polk said “I knew Charles when he was EVP of The Atlanta Chamber and I worked for ...” on Memories of Oklahoma City circa 1993
- John Polk said “Back in the mid-80's and early 90's, Cleveland was actually recognized as one of the ...” on Economic development in NEO: A view from the street-level
- John Polk said “Is there any way to substantiate Dimora's claim re: GCP and the PD, other than ...” on Cleveland’s new development dynamic?
- George Nemeth said “Like all glimmers of newness in CLE+ I expect this one to be crushed too” on Cleveland’s new development dynamic?
- Cleveland’s new development dynamic? | Brewed Fresh Daily said “[...] by Ohio voters, as gambling interests convert the Ohio constitution into a zoning ordinance. ...” on Ohio’s casino deal gets a bit more messy
- About BDP Comments
In case you missed them earlier this week, Ohio’s Third Frontier Commission announced some significant investments in the NEO region and the state. Here are some articles to get you up to speed:
- State initiative seeks top researchers to rebuild Ohio’s economy
- State awards $143 million for tech research
- Kent State awarded more than $14M to study liquid crystals and soft matter
- Area to get state aid for bone and joint research
- Three Ohio universities win $28M aerospace award
- Third Frontier leaders hope fund will stick around longer than expected
You can learn more from the web site. You can download the Powerpoint presentations mentioned in the articles here and here.
Jim Cossler reports from Youngstown:
Syncro Medical Innovations, a portfolio company of the Youngstown Business Incubator, has been awarded a highly competitive $350,000 technology commercialization grant from Ohio’s Third Frontier program.
The funding will be used to help bring to market the company’s proprietary medical feeding tube technology which utilizes external magnets for tube guidance and placement.
Last 5 posts by Ed Morrison
- Signing off - February 3rd, 2012
- "The current global development model is unsustainable" - February 1st, 2012
- Market opportunities for developing Chicago's green economy - January 29th, 2012
- Plain Dealer flubs its explanation for firing Tony Grossi - January 27th, 2012
- Linking and leveraging university assets to strengthen regional economies - January 27th, 2012